Work In Progress                           
Next Saadh Sangat Samagam @ Detroit, Michigan May 23-26,2008. Please Click on the Samagam links for more info.

        Your local time is

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Visiting India?

If one is visiting India, the best way to play safe is to use bottled water initially. If you are out shopping and the merchant offer you opened water in glasses, just decline politely. Instead you can purchase canned/bottled sodas or juices, bottled water. If you are living with your family, or some one... check with them the water quality. Most of the times they will recommend to used boiled water for first few days.

Well, when I go there (New Delhi), If I am at home, I drink the regular water coming out of the faucets coz I know that there is no problem with it. But if I'm outside, I buy bottled water too. If I'm visiting relatives, I will drink the water available in their house except for those area where I know that there is no proper sewage drainage and they have a pump installed to get the underground water. All in all, it is just a chance that when one is at the wrong place at a wrong time and you happen to get a glass of water not so fit to drink. Of course if you like eating at those road side joints (I dont blame you as those chats and tikkis are so tempting and mouth watering) who have one bucket of water in which the clean all thier plates, you are cooked anyways, no matter if you drink bottled water or what ever.

Happy new year to all....

4 Comments:

  • thank u for interesting information but how much longer can u write abt water contamination? surely you'll have to write abt something else for u can only say so much abt water.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/01/2006 2:58 PM  

  • The whole reason I started this Web Log is coz I got into some disagreement with some people who have different opinion. And my friend, if I keep writing in detail about the water, I can keep on going for ever... but I know that no one will be interested in reading that... so This month, I'll try to put up some more stuff other than water issue on this blog... thanx for reading...

    By Blogger Sifar, at 1/01/2006 6:29 PM  

  • don't worry...i still love water...but remember to boycott indian water..(it makes you sick)...especially the well near our backyard...boycott that especially

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/01/2006 11:15 PM  

  • Sifar,

    thanks for commenting on my blog! Hey may be start investing in water companies. In another 30-50 years, I am sure, water will be even more precious than Gold. Oh yeah! If you make it big, don't forget to help the Sikh men, women and children. Well, its a thought anyways.

    By Blogger SikhsRus, at 1/19/2006 10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home